Happy New Year, Love You More Too Readers. Last year was an incredible year for me, so I am hoping 2017 will be another great year. Today, bloggers across the world are sharing their goals for the year, so I thought I would join them. Before I share my goals for 2017, I want to take a look back at my 2016 goals. I shared a 6 month check-in in June, so I want to see how many more I crossed off the list since then.
2016 Goal check-in
5 Goals for Love You More Too for 2016
- Share new healthy recipes (or fun twists on old ones)- Yes! You can find them here.
- Make a detailed guide of some of my favorite local restaurants- No, but you can read reviews on many local places here.
- Do at least 2 giveaways during the year- Yes! I hosted several on Instagram and on the blog.
- Create a following and remain engaged- Yes!
- Encourage Colton to guest post at least once a month- I MUSTACHE You was a monthly hit. However, between his job and photography, posting monthly has become too much. It will now be more of a sporadic posting.
5 Fitness Goals for 2016
- Run a marathon before the end of the year- Unfortunately, my ankle injury prevented this, but I hope to run more this year.
- Upgrade to 3 lbs weights in Barre- I use them more than half of the time and drop down to 2
- Do 25 pushups (off knees) without stopping- not quite there yet
- Workout at least 5/7 mornings each week- this was going strong at first, but dropped off toward the end of the year.
- Try new workouts during the summer- I tried several new workouts this year
5 Food Goals for 2016
- Try new menu items at my favorite restaurants- I have (and tons of new restaurants)
- Meal prep on Sundays to stick with meal plans- Most Sundays I did!
- Cut back on sweets- make healthier options- at the beginning of the year I did, but I fell off this wagon…darn sweet tooth
- Drink at least 64 oz of water every day- Most days, yes!
- Visit all of these restaurants- No, I didn’t come close.
5 Life Goals for 2016
- Go some place I have never been- Yes! We visited Greece this year!
- Keep house clean- Meh, I could have been better about this
- Learn to use Colton’s camera and edit photos- Yes! However, he just got a new one, and now I have to relearn everything.
- Watch all AA nominated best pictures (there is only 8 this year, and we’ve seen 2) before the awards- Yes!!! I loved accomplishing this goal.
- Be more positive in difficult situations- Unfortunately, no. This is an area I need to work on for sure.
For 2017, I decided to cut back on the number of goals I set for myself. Twenty goals is too many, so I am lowering the number. Now, I can focus on just a few specific areas.
3 Goals for Love You More Too for 2017
- Attend more DFA events this year
- Increase my monthly page views by at least 50%
- Grow my Instagram following to 6K. You can help me with this and follow me if you aren’t already.
3 Fitness Goals for 2017
- Run the Dallas half marathon in December
- Do 25 pushups without stopping, off my knees
- Workout at least 3 mornings a week (most weeks I will shoot for more, but I want to make it easier to obtain)
3 Life Goals for 2016
- Radiate positivity (with difficult situations at work and in all interactions with people) and practice gratitude
- Finish this list (my bucket list of 30 things to do before turning 30)
- Limit desserts to 4 times a week or less
What to expect from Love You More Too in 2017:
- More recipes, workouts, fitness tips, and restaurant, studio, and event reviews
- Collaborations with great companies
- Trader Joe’s monthly favorites series
- Monthly north Dallas food +fitness events series
- Quite a bit of travel- We have several trips planned for this year (Florida, Mexico, Gulf Shores, Westy Roadtrip to California, New Orleans, and Australia). Yes, you read that correctly. We are spending Christmas and New Years in Australia, so I am extremely excited about 2017.
- And much more!
Stick around and check back often, so you can stay up to date. Be sure to follow us on social media too!
What are you looking forward to in 2017? Leave me a comment below!