I am back from my mini blogging break, and I cannot think of a better post to start with than to recap my April favorites and gratitude list. If you are new around here, at the end of the month (or sometimes the beginning of the following month) I like to share my favorite things that I couldn’t get enough of.
For my birthday, several friends and I went to Project Panic in Dallas for an escape room adventure. I have been to two others, but this was the first time I officially escaped. One of the things I loved most was they had rooms that had the capacity to hold up to 12 people. We had a blast escaping the cabin, and I was reminded I have some smart friends.
If you have no idea what an escape room is, let me try to explain it. Basically, you are put in a room full of puzzles and clues and you have to solve them in order to escape. Most of them give you a 60 minute timer and have a “puzzle master” in charge that can give you clues as you go.
Every time I have left one, I haven’t been able to stop smiling. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate any occasion than with good food and an escape room. The people at Project Panic make sure you have a great time, whether you escape or not.
Favorite healthy habit
I have finally jumped on the collagen protein bandwagon. Vital Proteins are huge and have an incredible variety of products to choose from. I tried the collagen water for the first time at our Dallas Fitness Ambassadors event and loved it!
For the last several weeks, I have been taking the vitamins and adding the proteins to my smoothies. My mom even adds the collagen proteins to her coffee.
Collagen proteins are not only great for your hair, skin, and nails, but it’s great for your joints, muscles, and bones. Honestly, it promotes full-body health benefits, and I feel great adding them into my life.
Favorite Netflix special
Do yourself a favor and watch the new Brene Brown The Call to Courage special on Netflix. Holy cow, I adore that woman. This will be a separate post on it’s own very soon, but there is a great deal of life lessons about choosing courage over comfort.
There are so many beautiful takeaways. It’s inspiring, motivating, and captivating.
Favorite vegan spot
I shared my favorite brunch spots in Trinity Groves, but I cannot stress enough how much I enjoyed this meal at V Eats. Adam and I have talked about it several times since visiting. It will make a veggie fan out of every meat-lover out there.
Favorite clothing find
Shein has existed for a long time, and yes, I have bought a ton of stuff from there. In April, I bought several new things for Kaaboo Fest this weekend, and I can’t wait to show off my looks. Pay attention to the reviews for sizing, but you can find some amazing gems on this site.
- Adam pulled off a surprise birthday party for me, and a ton of friends and family were able to make it. Like, a genuine, I-had-no-idea-and-everyone-kept-quiet kind of surprise party.
- One of my favorite things I started doing this month is take Melissa’s pro-style dance class. I sweat, laugh, and have an amazing time getting out of my comfort zone and feeling pretty darn good about my emerging dance skills.
- Our school’s Spring Fling was a blast, and I got to spend 20 minutes in the dunk tank. The kids were hilarious lining up to dunk me and I loved every minute of it.
- Dallas Fitness Ambassadors threw an amazing yoga event, and I was lucky enough to attend and help out. Silent disco yoga is a blast, and there are several more opportunities to take a class.
- Allison finally made it to San Diego. This may not seem like something I should be happy about, but I am so happy she has found joy. She loves her new place, and I have tickets to visit her for her birthday.