Today is the last Friday in August, so I get to share with you some of my favorite things/discoveries from the month. I love getting to share new products and things with you. This month has been all about busyness, and to be honest, I am exhausted. Getting back in a routine of working full time is tiring, but I am so grateful to go in to work each day. Here are a few of my favorite things from August.
Favorite daily routine
This month, I started taking probiotics for the first time. I have read a lot about the benefits of probiotics and how they improve your gut health as well as help your immune system fight off illnesses. Fortunately, this comes at a great time, since kids are full of germs and my job is full of kids. Not only, do I have more energy, but I am able to fight off infections before they even start.
Love Bug probiotics are 15x more effective than other capsules because of their BIO-tract technology. Basically, they don’t dissolve in your stomach acid before making it to your gut. Every detail of their product is thought out- from the packaging to the ingredients. They are made in the US, packaged with organic cotton, and contain no GMO, gluten, sugar, yeast, lactose, soy, or preservatives.
I just love their packaging, design, and branding.
Favorite new restaurant
On Tuesday, I posted about Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe. They have a location in Plano and serve fresh, healthy, and delicious items that take me right back to Greece. Check out the post and read more about them.
Favorite household cleaner
Since this month has been so hot, the dogs have spent a lot of time inside. This means there have been a few more messes to clean up. Fortunately, Trinova is a natural pet stain and odor that smells heavenly. It makes my guest bedroom smell like eucalyptus, and gets rid of dog stains and smells quickly and naturally.
This month, I got to use TRX bands for the first time during a variety fitness class at Strong Fitness in Dallas. I burned a ton of calories, worked up a crazy sweat, and had a lot of fun. Check it out here, in case you missed it.
Favorite Instagram shot
I found out I am a finalist in City of Plano’s #LovePlano Instagram campaign for this month’s contest. This photo of my chilaquiles from Lazy Dog made it as the photo of the week on August 11. I should find out next week who the winner is.
1. My 92 year- old PawPaw was put on hospice this month. On Saturday, he suffered from a stroke and we were unsure of if he would recover. Thankfully, he is back to normal- eating, talking, and being his self. I know his time is coming near, but I am not ready to let go just yet. I am grateful for the gift of time with him.
2. School started with kids on Monday and the first week back has been great! Despite a few little things, it’s the best start of the year yet.
3. I won tickets to see OneRepublic on the radio yesterday. Last year, on that same day, I won a trip to Florida. Two years ago, on the same day, I won tickets to Ed Sheeran. Needless to say, August 24 is my lucky radio day.
4. Car repairs costing significantly less than what we thought. Adulting is hard, y’all.
5. Cooler weather for the weekend. I am thrilled we are less than a month away from fall. It’s my favorite.