Once a month, Colton and I have a MYO (Make Your Own) pizza night. It is one of our favorite things to do together. We turn our pizza making skills into a contest. The criteria: the most delicious and/or the prettiest pizza (we usually pick our own, so it isn’t really a fair contest…just super fun). This also is a really fun family night activity. Colton and I tried it with my cousin’s daughters when they were in town for Thanksgiving. Next time you are looking for a date night/ family fun night idea, you should try this.
What you will need:
- Pizza dough (we get two because we each make a big pizza and save the leftover for lunches the next couple of days)
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzerella cheese
- Pepperoni (Or any other toppings you fancy)
- Veggies (I use whatever we have at the house-typically onions and green bell peppers)
- Wine! (Not necessary but makes it more fun)
- Meet your spouse at the door with a glass of wine in your pajamas and tell them it is “Make Your Own Pizza Night” (Then, let them change while you prep the ingredients)
- The Trader Joes dough needs to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, so drink some wine and relax (or you can have it ready to go by the time your spouse gets home).
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spread out the dough. I like my dough to be thin and crispy. Colton likes his more of a pan crust style. Poke repeatedly with a fork.
- Continue to drink wine
- Optional: I like to add a honey drizzle and some crushed red pepper to my dough, so it gives it a little sweet and spicy taste.
- Add pizza sauce and spread smooth
- Cover with cheese
- Top with your favorite toppings- This is the time to smack talk, compliment, or work together. It is really up to you.
- Show off your creation and pop it in the oven
- Drink wine while you wait for the pizza to finish cooking
- Once the dough has browned, take it out and let it sit for a few minutes before cutting it.
We like to cuddle up on the couch with our pizza and watch Netflix (we are currently binge watching OITNB) or a movie.
I hope you enjoy this fun, delicious, and super easy date night. Make it your own monthly tradition.
What do you think about this date night idea? Leave a comment below.
PIN for later