I have a confession, I have been celebrating my birthday over the last 2 weeks. Turning 30 is a big deal to me, and instead of mourning my twenties, I am celebrating my new decade with many of my favorite people. Today, Colton and I are off to Mexico today to celebrate together, but I here are a few of my favorite places and ways to celebrate a birthday in DFW.
Plano dinner location
We came here for the cake. Seriously, if you live in or around Plano and haven’t checked out the chocolate avocado cake from Mexican Sugar, you are seriously missing out.
The tacos and drinks are crazy good too.
Grab a group of friends, or just a couple of girls, and eat dinner out on their patio.
Favorite Plano brunch
I have shared my love for Sixty Vines before, but I will do it again. This restaurant is one of the most beautiful in Dallas. They a great selection of brunch items, so it is the perfect spot for a ladies brunch.
Everyone can order their own thing, or you can order a bunch of items to share. Either way, your guests will leave extremely happy.
Menu favorites (although everything I have tried is good, I narrowed it down to 4):
Pineapple upside pancakes
Butcher’s brunch pizza
Avocado eggs Benedict
Although there are many great restaurants in Dallas, one of my new favorites is Stirr. They have delicious food, craft cocktails, and a beautiful view. If you can make it to the patio early enough, you will have a gorgeous skyline view.
I brought some of my closest friends here for my birthday dinner.
We ate burgers, flatbreads, Brussels sprouts, tacos, and much more.
Don’t miss out on their happy hour either. Several of their cocktails are $5. The Bees Knees is just that by the way.
After dinner in Deep Ellum, head over to Louie Louie’s for dueling piano fun. Expect to be pulled onstage and embarrassed, all in good fun of course. These guys are more than piano players. They sing, dance, and play a variety of instruments.
If you like to have a good time, then you will love Louie Louie’s.
For more ways to celebrate your birthday in Dallas, check out this post.
April gratitude list
- My friends and family that showed up to my birthday celebrations. They really know how to make a girl feel loved.
- One of my best friends spent months putting together the perfect birthday present. She contacted many of my closest friends and family members and had them share a letter and their favorite photo with me. Then, she put it all together in a beautiful album. I bawled and felt so much love reading each of the letters.
- My husband who agrees to ridiculous birthday requests like “All I want is to eat a lot of food, lay out by the pool, play on the beach, and have someone make my bed for me.” “Sure Babe, we can go to Mexico.”
- April is hard at work because there is a lot of STAAR prep involved. However, I am reminded daily with sweet letters from my kids that my job is important. A couple of the teachers took down my wall for National School Counseling week to make room for another bulletin board and made little books out of all of the kid’s notes. Seriously grateful for my school.
- Another year of life for my PawPaw. We share a birthday (mine is the 28th and his is the 29th), so we always go out to eat with the family together. This year, he will be 92 and I am so grateful for every day I get to spend with him.
What are you grateful for this month? Leave me a comment below!