Vitamins, probiotics, protein, superfoods, and supplements are important to maintain a healthy lifestyle day to day. Fortunately, Whole Foods Market has everything a person needs and more. This weekend they are having a 25% OFF sale on all supplements to power your body and support workouts. Now is the time to find some great products to add into your diet.
Today, I am sharing some of my favorite supplements, powders and superfoods to give you an idea of what I will be stocking up on during the sale. This could not have come at a better time, since school is starting back up and I am working on building a healthy immune system.
First things, first
One of my pantry staples is coconut oil. Not only is it my go to cooking oil, but I use it to replace butter in many recipes to make it vegan (like my vegan edible cookie dough). I also keep a jar in my bathroom and use it to remove my eye makeup. Since we use it around the house for many things, I keep it stocked at all times. Be sure to grab a couple of jars this weekend during their sale.
Protein powders + superfoods
Whey proteins contain all 9 of the amino acids to make it a complete protein, however it is not vegan friendly. Whole Foods has a line of plant based fit proteins in several delicious flavors, including chocolate cinnamon, vanilla caramel, and vanilla cinnamon. They even taste great with just water after a workout.
In addition to protein powders, Whole Foods carries a variety of superfoods and powders. A few of my favorites include chia, flax seeds, acai, maca, and goji berries.
Supplements + vitamins
Over the last few months, I have been learning a lot about the importance and benefits of vitamins and supplements to a healthy lifestyle. In addition to a daily multi-vitamin, I have added more supplements and vitamins to improve my health in many areas. Disclaimer: I do not take all of these every day, but keep them on hand for when I need them.
Amino essentials and BCAA complex are perfect for muscle recovery during heavy workout weeks.
For immune health
Since school is starting back up, I double up on Vitamin C and Kick-Ass Immune Activator.
I started a daily probiotic a few weeks ago, and I have already noticed a difference in my digestive health. Wholezyme Ultra relieves gas and bloating.
For bone health
Most adults are Vitamin D deficient, so a combination of K2 and Vitamin D help strengthen bones and supplement that deficiency.
A few other products I love:
- Cranberry– urinary tract health
- Colloidal silver– colds/sinus
- Energy shot- Colton loves these for long drives or when he needs to stay up late
- Hair, skin & nail support- since I am trying to grow out my hair
- Omega-3– helps with dry eyes and vision
- Oscillococcinum– If you haven’t heard of Oscillococcinum, it is a miracle supplement that helps with flu-like symptoms. We keep this on hand and take it at the first sign of symptoms during flu season.
- Rescue Remedy- for stress (and they have one for my anxious husky to help calm her during thunderstorms or separation anxiety)
- Ricola cough drops– these are the best tasting cough drops and made with all natural ingredients.
- Good day chocolate supplements– these are not only adorably wrapped chocolate pieces, but they help with energy, calming, sleep and have Vitamin D.
Don’t forget to head to your nearest Whole Foods Market this weekend (today- Sunday 8/13) to stock up during their 25% off all supplements.
What vitamins and supplements do you use regularly? What will you pick up at the sale this weekend? Leave me a comment below!
Thank you to Whole Foods Market for partnering with me for this post. Although I was compensated, all thoughts and opinions remain my own.