When I was a kid, I didn’t like mint chocolate chip. This may be a surprise to anyone who knows me now. Now, I love mint chocolate everything (candles, ice cream, candy, etc.). A simple Google search will tell you that mint chocolate chip ice cream was invented by Marilyn Ricketts in 1973. Boy am I thankful for the competition that she entered. There is something about the combination of mint and chocolate that I cannot resist. It is refreshing, sweet, and takes care of my daily chocolate cravings. Here is a super simple, healthy mint chocolate chip shake you can make at home.
- Half of an avocado
- Handful of spinach
- 2/3 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 Tbl honey
- 1/2 C almond milk
- Dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar (I use Trader Joe’s 72% Cacao)
- Blend avocado, spinach, banana, protein, peppermint extract, honey and almond milk together.
- Once shake is smooth, add in chocolate (I use 1/3 of chocolate bar).
- Optional: top with chocolate pieces and/or fudge (I make mine homemade by heating 1/3 dark chocolate cacao bar with vanilla almond milk in microwave for 30 seconds and stirring).
There you have it, the healthy mint chocolate chip shake. You can drink it in the morning or after dinner for a sweet dessert.