Working out at home is the easiest way for me to do my workouts in the morning. I don’t have to pack my bag, travel to the studio, or go more than 50 steps. Typically, for home workouts, I follow along with the Tone It Up videos or do Focus T25. Most of these require little to no equipment which is great, since I don’t have to try to find a place to keep it all. Most of what I have at home we use at Barre Code, so I can do strength training doing the same moves while watching TV. Here is a list of my at home fitness items.
- Yoga mat– My yoga mat was a gift, and it has been so wonderful. Its reversible, non slip, and a beautiful shade of blue.
- Hand weights- For most arm exercises, I use 5 lb weights. I have a set of 10 lb weights that I typically use in place of a kettlebell, or when I want an extra challenge.
- Foam Roller– I love to hate this thing. It hurts so good. Tone it up has a wonderful guide for using this roller. (This is another workout easy to do while watching TV). If you have never used a foam roller before, it is a great way to work out tired, tight muscles. It is painful at first (like a deep tissue massage), but it feels great after.
- Orange loop(aka resistance band)
- iPad- I use this to stream my TIU workouts/guides
- Resistance mini bands– My new favorite workout item. This set comes with three different bands to give you different resistances. Buy some and try this. You won’t be sorry and your thighs and booty will thank you.
As you can see, I don’t have a lot of home fitness equipment and I don’t need it. There are a couple of items on my wish list (a kettlebell and exercise ball), but I am getting by just fine without them. I enjoy trying out new fitness items and would love to know any of your must haves in your home fitness center. Leave me a comment or email me with your favorites!