The moment Thanksgiving ends, it seems to be a mad rush to the end of the year. Each month flies by faster and faster. This month, I limited my favorite things to 4 and added 5 more to my gratitude list with the spirit of Thanksgiving in mind. Here are 4 things that I have loved this month and my gratitude list for 2017.
YUMI lash lift
When Carrie at Southern Chic Wax told me about their newest treatment (YUMI lash lift), I had to try it. It’s a new keratin treatment that lifts your lashes for 3 months. I can’t get over my results. These are my real lashes (without mascara). If you have ever had lash extensions, you know it’s not the healthiest way to achieve length and volume. The keratin treatment is all natural and doesn’t damage your eyelashes. Contact Carrie or Courtney at Southern Chic Wax to learn more.
Sarah at Blondie’s Salon in Plano gave me one of the best haircuts of my life just in time for Thanksgiving. Her attention to detail is impeccable. Not to mention, the salon itself is so pretty. If I can get a hair cut and a glass of wine, I am in. One of the best things about the salon is the reclining chairs at the hair washing station. They have a footrest for you so you aren’t straining the whole time, and you can actually relax. Sarah curled my hair and styled me out of the salon. Check them out and schedule your appointment today.
I love chocolate. Since I was in junior high, Godiva has always been my favorite. Lately, I have been on a Godiva kick and have tried a variety of their collections. These make great holiday gifts for the chocolate lover in your life, so don’t miss out. You can also use them to fancy up your holiday entertaining.
Fix hot sauce
Spicy foods are my favorite, so I was excited to try Fix Hot Sauce. Their slogan is “the best hot sauce on earth,” and after trying it, I understand why. Whether you prefer traditional sriracha or small batch lemongrass sriracha, Fix has what you need. They make both of their sauces with all natural ingredients and no fillers or preservatives, so you don’t feel guilty.
Last year, I posted what I am thankful for in 2016. My list hasn’t changed much this year, but feel free to check it out. In no particular order:
- 2017 was a hard year for me because I lost my PawPaw. However, I am grateful he is in a better place, no longer suffering, and his funeral brought our family together for several days. We have a large family and have never all been together in one place.
- That being said, my beautiful MeMe is still alive. She has had a difficult time dealing with my PawPaw’s death (they were married for almost 72 years). I am grateful for her health, our relationship, and her love. I admire her more than she will ever know.
- Colton. This man has loved me since I was 15 and awkward. He puts up with my whiny, bratty self and knows how to make me smile. This year, we celebrated 15 years of being together and brought in another decade together. He is the Dax to my Kristen and I am grateful for our love story.
- Family. I love how we celebrate holidays with both families and everyone gets along well together. My in-laws are the best and have watched me grow up too.
- Friends. This year, I have gotten closer with my best friends, made new friends, and even have a couple of friends I was close to years ago that have come back in my life. Each one of these beautiful souls have had such an impact on me and made my life a better place.
- My dogs. Every year, I am grateful for another year to spend with Chuck and Lucy. They are healthy, smart, well-behaved, and bring me joy.
- My school. Steve Jobs once said, “it’s a beautiful thing when your career and passion come together.” This is so true. I have the best kids and parents at my school. I am grateful for all the teachers and leadership I work with too. My sweet school is a great place to be and I am grateful.
- Great restaurants. Dallas and north Dallas have the best restaurants. I don’t care what anyone says, this is such a foodie city. We have such talented chefs and restaurant concepts.
- Travel. As much as I love Dallas, there is nothing better than experiencing different places and taking in all of the truly breathtaking places in the world. Our God is good, y’all. He makes pretty things.
- Beauty. Everyone’s individual-ness that makes our world a beautiful place. How boring would it be if everyone looked the same?
What are you thankful for this month? Leave me a comment below.