October is one of my favorite months because it’s the beginning of fall, the weather is getting cooler, and it’s finally acceptable to drink hot cocoa every night before bed. Well, maybe not every night because Texas weather is so flippin’ nuts, but many of the nights.
Favorite cocktail place
Allison and I discovered Tiny Victories in Oak Cliff, and it’s become my new favorite place to grab a happy hour drink. Seriously, we went twice in October. Tuesday-Friday from 4-7, they offer 1/2 off all cocktails. This means you get a delicious craft cocktail for only $5 or $5.50.
Another great deal that Allison and I found in Dallas is Taco Tuesday at Twisted Trompo. For $6.99, you get a 3 Taco Plate and beer or margarita. I have a feeling we will make a monthly date here, or even weekly when we can. Yes, their tacos are amazing and the margaritas are wonderful. You’re welcome in advance.
Favorite new beauty store
Dallas, we have a Follain!! This gorgeous space has specially curated, clean beauty products for everyone. My favorite spot is the refillable glass soap bottles, because they offer a variety of scents and you throw away zero plastic. I guarantee you will find a great gift for yourself or someone on your list at Follain.
Favorite quick meal
When I first moved to Dallas a little while ago, I noticed a cute little place called Start Restaurant off Greenville Ave. Then, they opened a location in Frisco, so north Dallas can enjoy their incredible food. I love that they offer real food fast. They make their dressings in house, use only locally sourced grass-fed beef, and so much more. Not to mention everything is absolutely delicious.
Favorite beauty find
Several months ago, I got an invite code to try Formulate fully customizable shampoo and conditioner. I created my profile and anxiously awaited them to arrive. Since I only wash my hair once a week, I have only used it a few times. My hair is noticeably shiner, softer, and smells amazing. Email me if you want a referral code. I have 10 to share.
- Colton and I finalized our divorce and our relationship since has been so refreshing. I am grateful that our friendship can withstand our heartbreak.
- Celebration with friends at Single Wide. Seriously such a fun day and I am grateful for these gorgeous women and their support.
- My mom went in to septic shock, had an emergency surgery, and was in a coma for a week. During that time, I had so many people asking about me, praying for our family, and thinking about us. It’s hard times like these people really come through. She’s healing at home, but has pneumonia. Her recovery is long but she’s a strong woman.
- Cooler weather off and on throughout the month. I am made for cooler weather and this has been perfect.
- Halloween parties galore. I love a reason to get dressed up and I am thankful for friends that will play along and dance with me.