I am officially through October and in full holiday mode over here. Holiday mode for me is contemplating setting up my Christmas tree, debating about starting holiday movies, and wrapping my head around gifts, food, and time off of work. Here are a few of my favorite things from October.
Favorite brunch spot
It feels good to finally go to brunch again. Last month, I really enjoyed Tricky Fish at CityLine. Honestly, I can’t stop thinking about the cheesecake stuffed French toast and avocado toast.
Trophy Nissan hooked me up with a Nissan Sentra last weekend for our OKC trip, and my word, I absolutely loved it. It was roomy, full of upgrades, and the perfect car of the future. One of my favorite parts is the cruise control that automatically slows and speeds up based on the proximity of cars in front of you or not. It’s also so sleek and pretty. Definitely have car envy after our trip.
Self-care is incredibly important, especially this time of year. One of the things I decided to do to pamper myself was get a manicure and pedicure. Cherry makes that super easy because they come to me and work around my schedule. I didn’t have to leave, be around other people during this pandemic, and felt completely comfortable in my jammies. Now, I don’t want naked nails again. Use code LOVEYOUMORETOO for $10 off your first service.
Favorite happy hour
J and I checked out Las Palmas in October and were surprised to find out they have happy hour until 7pm every day. Yes, every. day. They have a pretty patio and yummy food to go with it too.
Favorite holiday idea
This year, I have been tasked with bringing the turkey for Thanksgiving. While I like to think I am a mediocre cook, the pressure of the holidays and making the perfect turkey is something I am not quite ready for. Thank goodness for Dickey’s Holiday Big Yellow Box. It comes with everything you need for a Thanksgiving feast and is exactly what I am ordered for this year.
- An amazing trip at the end of the month to OKC. It was great to get out of Dallas for a couple of days and just spend some time with my guy.
- Dallas Blogger Brunch! It’s such a fun group of women from all over and I am thankful for every Saturday I spend time with them.
- Finding a new date night hangout spot so close to home.
- Cooler weather. It’s the best.
- Girls’ nights. With everything going on, it’s always so great to catch up with my friends, chat, support and encourage each other.