Can you believe we are already in October? September flew by. If you have been following my Instagram stories, you would know the last few days of this month have been incredibly stressful for my family. Long story short, my mom is in ICU. She’s making a lot of progress and woke up yesterday, but the last week has been very rough.
Favorite brunch spot
Any time I get to try out a new brunch spot I jump on it. This month I shared my experience with Blatt Beer and Table. I still have dreams about that mimosa bar and the uptown pork. To sum it all up, great food, fantastic drinks, shuffleboard, and more.
Favorite dog treats
I received a package of Cloud Star treats for Chuck and Lucy, and they love them. They are made with wholesome ingredients with all-natural flavors, so I don’t feel bad about sneaking them an extra one here and there.
Favorite Wednesday hangout
Since posting about Scout at The Statler earlier this month, I have already been back again. It’s such a fun hangout with lots of great things to do. Between pool and bowling and free ping pong and foosball, everyone will be entertained. It’s a great place to get a group of friends together and hang out.
Favorite pizza update
October is #NationalPizzaMonth and Pie Five is celebrating with their new large pizzas. They also. Celebrate this month at Pie Five, and even order it for delivery. My favorite thing about Pie Five is the consistent price, no matter how many toppings you add.
Favorite sweet treat
One Sunday, Allison and I stumbled in to Chocolate Secrets for a piece of chocolate. I had no idea what I got myself into, but I am happy I did. They have such a beautiful selection of chocolates. My recommendation: get one of the dark chocolate peanut butter cups.
- My favorite festival in September is the Greek Food Festival. I got to attend the preview night and went again on Saturday. It’s such a great festival and I am grateful.
- Last year my PawPaw died on September 12. I am grateful this year, Mom, MeMe and I got together, ate shrimp, played Giant Jenga and laughed a whole lot.
- I am grateful for Sunday Funday with my best friend. Whatever we do, it’s always my favorite day of the week.
- Prayers, messages, and support from family and friends while we deal with my mom’s health conditions.
- The nurses and doctors that have helped nurse my mom back to health. I will be more grateful when she is out of the hospital, but I am counting my blessings.