I have a mild obsession with Trader Joes. It is one of my favorite places to go. Every week I go there to stock up on the groceries I need. There are hundreds of reasons why I love it, but the top 5 are:
- The people are incredibly nice. True story: I was having a rough day and the cashier could tell. I explained what was going on and she said “excuse me for a second” and walked away. When she came back she had a large bouquet of flowers and said “I really hope this brightens the rest of your day.”
- It’s small so I can go in and have all of my groceries picked up and check out in 30 minutes or less.
- I try new samples every time I go in and everything is delicious!
- Everything is cost effective! It works with our budget.
- All of the organic and natural foods and ingredients fit in with my lean, clean and green lifestyle.
I love trying new things, but there are several staples I always have in my kitchen.
So, what are some of my favorites/ must have items?
- Organic srirarcha and roasted garlic BBQ sauce– This stuff is great on everything, but it really spices up grilled chicken.
- Gluten free cranberry and maple granola– I use this to top smoothie bowls and yogurt parfaits.
- Dark chocolate cocoa nibs– I love these to mix in smoothies or for a late night sweet cravings.
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt– Great in the mornings for breakfast or morning snack.
- Almond beverage– both regular and vanilla unsweetened (great for smoothies and cereal)
- Fruit bars– great for snacks and made of only 2 ingredients
- Creamy unsalted peanut butter– it speaks for itself. I would marry peanut butter if I could.
- Organic unsweetened flake coconut– I top everything with this!
What do you love about Trader Joes and what are some must haves for you?